CLIMATE RELATED PAGE AND 4 SUB-PAGES:
- SCIENCE ON THE SPHERE (SOS) – (CLICK HERE)
- COLORADO WEATHER AND CLIMATE (CLICK HERE)
- PAST CLIMATES-(CLICK HERE)
- EDUCATION, LITERACY AND TRAINING (CLICK HERE)
EXAMINING THE RECENT SLOWDOWN IN GLOBAL WARMING:
December 22, 2014: CPR: Colorado Matters: Pacific coral may predict next spike in global temperatures
MORE on Colorado matters with respect to CLIMATE: http://www.cpr.org/tags/climate-change
IS CLIMATE CHANGE ALL DOOM AND GLOOM?
UPDATED 4/20/2014 – SEE #3 BELOW
Answer: NO! – but YES it’s a challenge and as humans we have always been challenged: read the history books. That doesn’t mean we stick our heads in the sand and ignore the challenges. We have human ingenuity and adaptability:
Is ignoring and doing nothing an appropriate answer. Is resigning oneself to abdicating addressing the issue merely a way of dismissing and saying there’s nothing we can do.
There are a lot of smart people working to meet those challenges – let me cite 3 that might be “game changers“.
1. ENERGY: Moving and supporting the move to non-carbon sources of energy (renewables, a potential new game-changer: fusion, nuclear? ; see more on Energy tab)
BIG ENERGY NEWS – FUSION: Lockheed says makes breakthrough on fusion energy project: See http://www.lockheedmartin.com/us/products/compact-fusion.html and
2. MITIGATION – Carbon negative technology: (see more on OTHER tab – BIOCHAR)
3. Artificial Photosynthesis Advance Hailed As Major Breakthrough – click here – a new game changer?
Climate Change: What Can We Do About It?: Chuck Kutscher Video 2/24/2015 SE chapter CRES
Get involved in the discussion. A call to action might be more appropriate? Get Citizens for Climate Lobby or other appropriate avenues of action.
Colorado and National links: http://350colorado.org/ and http://350.org/
Look at future grid modeling/discussion: RMI Blows The Lid Off The “Baseload Power” Myth (Video3.